1. New Enrolments
– All families must join our Parent Portal to enrol in classes. The portal allows parents/guardian to access their accounts, book make-up lessons, view swimmer’s progress and shop for swimming items – plus more.
– Enrolments are secured once full payment of your first invoice has been received.
– Making payment means that you acknowledge and accept the mentioned terms and conditions below.
2. Re-Enrolling for the Next Term
– You will receive an invoice via email prior to the end of the current term that will indicate the term dates, lesson times, and fees for the next term. If you do not wish to maintain your enrolment, we kindly ask that you withdraw from classes using the Parent Portal or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
– To confirm your enrolment, your first payment for the new term must be received no later than the due date on the invoice. If payment has not been received by this time, your position will be deemed vacant and offered to other applicants who are interested in securing the position. Swimmers who are re-enrolling remain in their class unless they are moving up a level or you wish to change the day or time.
3. Request for Lesson Changes
– You can change the day/time of your lesson at any stage throughout the term. Whilst every effort is made to accommodate requests for change, it is dependent on the availability of vacancies, and no guarantee can be given to accommodate requests.
4. Fees and Payment Method
– Our current fee per swimmer per lesson is $25.
– Fees are billed via direct debit (debit cards and credit cards are accepted) on a monthly basis.
– All enrolments are required to provide full payment of fees on their first monthly invoice before a permanent class position will be allocated.
– Swimmers automatically retain their current position unless Maccabi Aquatics is contacted and told otherwise.
5. Family Discounts
– Maccabi Aquatics offers a family discount to all its families. A family is defined as siblings or in the case of Masters swimmers a parent/guardian and child.
– 5% discount is given to the 3rd swimmer, 7.5% is given to the 4th swimmer and 10% is given to the 5th and further swimmers. The relevant discount is applied to the applicable swimmers’ fees not to the family unit.
6. Transaction Fees
– Visa and Mastercard payments incur a fee of 1.76% per transaction.
7. Cancellations/Enrolment Withdrawals
– If you wish to cancel your enrolment at any stage, you must notify us in writing via email email@example.com or through the Parent Portal.
– A withdrawal fee of 2 weeks or $50 per swimmer will be charged for withdrawals once a term has started.
– No withdrawal fee is charged when notice is given before the commencement of a new term.
8. Make-Up Lessons
Missed lessons can be ‘made up’ under the following conditions:
– Make-up lessons are limited to 1 per swimmer per month.
– Make-up lessons are not transferable to other siblings within the same family account.
– Once a swimmer ends their enrolment with us, all remaining make-up lessons expire.
– Notification of absence must be received a minimum of 5 hours prior to the lesson commencement.
– Notification of absence and all make-up lessons must be booked in via the Parent Portal.
– Make-up lessons are not guaranteed, and options may be restricted due to availability. This can include but is not limited to days, times and teachers.
– Make-up lessons expire at the end of the current term.
– No make-up lessons can be booked if you have outstanding fees.
– Make-up lessons cannot be cancelled or changed once booked.
– Make-up classes cannot be used as credits.
– Lessons missed during a holiday program are not eligible for make-up lessons.
9. Presentation of a Medical Certificate
– Presenting a medical certificate for classes missed without cancellation will not result in extra make-up lessons.
– Presentation of a medical certificate will not result in a refund unless you wish to apply for an enrolment withdrawal.
10. Public Holidays and School Holidays
– Classes do not run on public holidays or term school holidays, and do not form part of your account.
– Please refer to our calendar on our website for all term dates and closure days.
11. Teacher and Time Changes
Maccabi Aquatics aims to maintain consistency each term but may sometimes need to make changes:
– Maccabi Aquatics reserves the right to change the swimming teacher without notice if staff are ill or end employment at Maccabi Aquatics.
– Maccabi Aquatics cannot guarantee preferred gender of swimming teacher for a student.
– Swimmers may be re-allocated if class size is too small. In the event of this happening customers will be given sufficient notice.
– Please refrain from talking to swimming teachers whilst lessons are in progress. Deck supervisors are on hand to answer all your questions and queries.
12. Pool Closure
– When situations arise that force pool closure, due to but not limited to plant malfunction, flooding, faecal or vomit incidents, make-up lessons or class credits will be granted at the discretion of Maccabi Aquatics management.
– Refunds will not be provided in such circumstances.
13. Swimming Attire
– All swimmers who are not fully toilet trained must wear correct aqua nappies whilst in the pool.
– All swimmers are required to wear a swim cap. A Maccabi Aquatics cap and swim bag will be provided free of charge at your first lesson. It is recommended that all students wear goggles.
– Please refrain from dressing your swimmer in board shorts, rash vests, or bikinis.
14. Duty of Care
– All swimmers under 10 years old must always be supervised by a parent/guardian whilst in the pool area.
– If parent/guardian leaves the facility the swimmer will be removed from the lesson until the parent/guardian returns.
– Parents/guardians are responsible for placing their swimmers into our swimming teachers’ care at the commencement of each lesson and collecting them at the conclusion.
– Swimmers are not permitted to be in the pool until instructed to do so.
– Maccabi Aquatics accepts no responsibility for injury, personal property loss or damage sustained whilst on the premises, not resulting from negligence on our part.
15. Photographic and Video Images
We welcome the capturing of your magic moments on camera or video; however, the privacy of others must be respected. The use of cameras and video cameras at this venue is conditional upon the following:
– You must have all relevant individuals’ consent to use images.
– It is illegal to broadcast or publish images without written consent.
– Under no circumstances are cameras, video cameras or mobile phones to be used in change room areas.
– Upon signing up to our Parent Portal, parents/guardians are asked to give consent for Maccabi Aquatics to take photos and videos.
– This consent allows Maccabi Aquatics to use the photos/videos for training, advertising and social media purposes or any way we deem necessary.
– Please ensure you read the policy on the portal and check the appropriate box for permissions.
16. Health Policy
– Please respect our precautionary health rules and refrain from lessons if you or your swimmer is suffering from illness.
– For gastro related illnesses a make-up lesson cannot be booked within 7 days of notification.
– Maccabi Aquatics reserves the right to remove a swimmer from their lesson if they are suspected to have a contagious illness that is communicable to staff or other students.
– Please read our separate COVID Safe policy.
17. Conduct and Pool Rules
Maccabi Aquatics reserves the right to terminate swimming lessons where a swimmer or a family member:
– Repeatedly displays inappropriate behaviour which causes harm and/or discomfort to other Maccabi Aquatic families
– Displays any action or behaviours that could impact on the safety or welfare of others
– Commits an act of vandalism that causes significant damage to property
– Uses offensive or abusive language and/or attitude to swim school staff or other families
– Behaviour of all families and swimmers must comply with displayed pool rules.
– As well as these, all Bialik College Gringlas Sports Centre rules must be followed at all times.
– No food is to be consumed in the pool area.
– No glass water bottles or glass re-usable coffee cups in the pool area.
– No running in the pool area.
– No diving into the pool, unless supervised in the deep end by swim school staff.
– Parents/guardians are to observe lessons from the stands, to avoid disturbing the lessons.
– Swimmers and parents are not permitted in the pool before or after class.
– Toys on the pool deck are for class use only.
– Children aged 7+ are not permitted in the opposite sex change room.
– All unclaimed lost property will be donated to charity at the conclusion of each term.
19. Privacy Statement
– Information collected by Maccabi Aquatics is for swim school use only, as defined by the Privacy Act 1998. This data includes your first name, last name, email address, mobile number etc.
– Maccabi Aquatics uses your personal information to contact you regarding your enrolment and other information and/or promotions that we deem may interest you.
– Your personal information is not used for commercial purposes.
– Information such as medical details are required to assist in accommodating individual needs and abilities.
Updated: 25 August 2021